Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

April 27, 2007

Holding On

As a young couple, in the beginning years of running a franchise, we're pretty frugal. Largely though, because we're just that way. Just recently I bought new flip flops to replace the $3.99 pair I bought at Fred Meyer....7 years ago.

(I should mention that Caleb very nearly forced me to hang them up, I was holding on for dear life.)

Last night we went on a shopping spree at Target and I bought a sports bra to replace the one I've been using since um.......junior high. Or was it even before then?

(Technically it wasn't even a sports bra, but a costume bra turned sports bra.) Believe it or not, I've grown a bit since then. It was high time.

I do not classify myself as a pack-rat though, I just tend to stick with stuff I like. I do think I can safely can add "clothing rut" to my list of OCD tendencies. Among so many others....

To be honest, I finally handed over all the clothing I wore in high school before we moved here. I still wore a good portion of it, but how long can one shirt really last? How many washings before I've officially got my money's worth? Surely five plus years is enough....it was actually really nice to downsize my wardrobe, if only to make more room for Caleb's. I've mentioned his inability to let things, especially clothing, go before. Trying to gently pry a six year old faded button down shirt out of Caleb's hands is like trying to convince a four year old to hand over all his Halloween candy. It just isn't going to happen without a fight.

But that is SO unlike me holding on to my flip flops. Not even related.

No comments: