Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

October 19, 2006

I have exercised the demons! This house is clear...

As I've mentioned, we're currently in the process of trying to get rid of half of our house. Half. So that we can attempt to fit into the apartment we've chosen in California. So I decided to go with the flow, jump into the Oregon Culture, and have a garage sale. I don't think I can accurately describe the zeal that Oregonians have when they get a whiff of a garage sale. Insanity - like the way I feel when I find yet another dog hair on the plate of food I'm about to eat. I absolutely LOVE going through my crap and throwing away things I've held onto for some odd reason. How in the world I found enough sentimental value in an old receipt from Mervyn's to actually keep it for three years is beyond me. The following are some random items I found during the cleansing process:

Ninety million of those mini-purses that come with the little bottles of lotion and bathwash from Bath & Body works. Number of times I ever put something in one of these purses: 1

Birthday cards from relatives that were 5 years old. Number of times I looked at, or thought about them after my birthday: 0

3 old journals that Caleb had kept, each with one page written in them. One of them wasn't even his. Numbers of times I had to convince him that he would still breathe without them: 2 (thankfully he had no qualms giving up someone else's)

2 college essays from either one of the 2.5 semesters Caleb actually was in college.

1 Scooby Doo shaped figure filled with bath bubbles. Long since forgotten.

1 rooster shaped pitcher. Usage? None.

3 different coat racks, none of which ever saw the light of day.

2 full sets of silverware that we don't use. 1 random knife, 2 spoons, 3 forks.

1 pair of Gap black leather pants, bought during the torrid high school years. Number of times I wore said pants? Nada

It will be interesting to watch people go through our personal items. I hope the free underwear I got in the mail from Jessica Simpson gets snatched up - real quick.

No comments: