Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

December 6, 2006

Recipe #1 - Indoor Smores

I love to cook. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I do. I enjoy making something out of lots of little things. It's so satisfying, and always amazing to me that all these little ingredients can create something so different, so blended. I especially love when just one ingredient can make such a difference in the final product. Another part of cooking that I love, is eating it. Of course, right? But not just eating it, enjoying it, preferably with family and friends. I truly believe that having a meal together as a family (even a family as little as the two of us!) makes a big difference in the overall happiness of the family. It's time together, where everyone can sit down, enjoy good food, and keep up with each other's busy schedules. It may be just the two of us now, but I think it's important to establish this good habit, so that when our lives DO become crazy with several kids and their own schedules, family dinner will always be a given.

With that said........I thought it might be fun to start posting some recipes. I'll include the recipe itself, instructions, and my thoughts. Or little alterations. Cause sometimes? I don't always follow the recipe. MOST of the time, it turns out fine. Other times? Well...not so much. So here we go!

Indoor Smores

(*I LOVE this dessert, and thought that EVERYONE knew about it until I made it for a little get together and everyone kept asking me for the recipe, and where I'd got it....so here it is!!)

8 cups Golden Grahams
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
5 c. Mini Marshmellows
5 T. margarine
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1 t. vanilla

Melt the chocolate chips, 5 cups of marshmellows (keep the rest handy!) and margarine in a pan. Take off the heat and add the vanilla. Then pour the cereal in a bowl and add the chocolate mixture, mixing until well coated. Add a cup or two of marshmellows and mix in. Transfer to a cookie sheet and allow to cool completely. Cut and serve!

(*Instead of a cookie sheet, I usually use a 13 x 9 in. casserole dish. That way they're a little thicker. I also like to throw it in the fridge for a little while to harden it up.*)

Be prepared, this doesn't last long. At least around me.

No comments: