Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

December 5, 2006

The Good the Bad,and the Ugly....

My two cents on the uh, current events.........

So I was all pumped up to watch the Billboard Awards last night, excited for the performances, the guest appearances....what a let down. I actually got so bored I didn't even finish it. First off, what happened to Nelly Furtado? You know, the "Torn" girl? So funky, angry, yet sweet and innocent....alright, so the song spoke to me. Now? Now she's totally caved to that whole slutty scene. But it wasn't just the change in genre's that bothered me, it was her acceptance speech! "Oh!! Heheheheh.....um....heheheheh....oh!!!" In the classic high-pitched cheerleader voice. I say, um, next please!

I loved the interchange between all the rap kiddies. So....improvised. Last minute. Forget your lines kinda thing.

Gwen Stefani's performance? Actually okay. I was a little weirded out by the whole yodeling lederhosen sheep thing, but it was fun. Different, for sure.

Let's more on to the next disaster - Fergie. What can you say? Next time you're going to perform for one of the top music award shows? Maybe run through your song lines a bit, hm? You know, I don't even KNOW the song, so if she would have acted NORMAL, I probably would have had no clue that she'd flubbed them, but she was so stiff and noticeably nervous. Total give away. I'm sure it can't be easy to sing in front of a crowd, but it's your JOB. And you've done it plenty of times. I'm sortof off the Fergie train, bytheway. If you can't tell.

And um......around this point I totally gave up. Oh goll, except for that whole lame exchange between Carmen Electra and what'shisface. Lame. So after that? Gave up. Click! Changed the channel. Or went to bed. I don't even remember.

And if you want further proof of how lame I am, I was super excited for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show tonight - and totally was NOT disappointed. Fabulous. How can something make me feel so inadequate, while at the same time give such encouragement?! I think, hey, if I pushed myself just a LITTLE more, I could totally look like that right? I could do that. Walk in 4 inch heels on a runway with glitter. In next to nothing. I love it. It makes me want to pull out my big rollers and shimmer powder.

Now I'm going to go to bed and dream of million dollar bras and crunches.......

No comments: