Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

January 11, 2007

Recipe #3 - Broiled Salmon Fillets w/ Dill Butter

This is a new recipe that my HUSBAND (who is wonderful bytheway) prepared for me tonight. All by himself. Start to finish. And it was DELICIOUS. And I know, it's salmon again, but bare with me. The stuff is wonderful for you. I promise. And with all these flavors? You won't be able to tell you're eating something with scales.

Broiled Salmon Fillets w/ Dill Butter


3 T vegetable oil
1/4 tsp dried tarragon, crumbled
1 T dry white wine
1/4 tsp salt
1 T fresh lemon juice
Pepper to taste
1/4 c. fresh parsley
4 salmon fillets
Dill Butter (recipe to follow)


In a small bowl stir together the first 7 ingredients. Place salmon in a shallow platter & pour over marinade. Marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge. Preheat broiler. Remove salmon from marinade and place on the broiler pan, reserving marinade. Place under broiler 4-5 inches from heat and broil for 4-5 minutes. Turn fish over, brush with marinade and broil another 4 - 5 minutes. Transfer to a warmed platter and serve immediately with dill butter.

Dill Butter


1/4 c. butter, softened
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp fresh dill, or 1/2 tsp dried


In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Blend together with a fork. Place a small pat over salmon and serve.


*My notes: SUPER easy, and it was really delicious. Have I mentioned that yet? It was. Let's see, we only used 2 salmon fillets (obviously), and only really needed to halve the dill butter. We also didn't have tarragon, so he crushed up fennel and it worked perfect. Oh, and I use cooking wine, which always works. Just in case you don't drink wine (like us) or don't feel like running to the store. The dill butter won't be syrupy at all (I imagined it being a sauce at first...but no), so just put a small pat on the salmon and give it a good swish to coat. We had some corn on the cob with it, and Caleb also used the dill butter for his corn and loved it. Universal dill butter people! I promise, you'll love it!


Oh, and next time? I swear I'll post one about a DIFFERENT meat. Promise.

No comments: