Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

December 13, 2006

Recipe #2 - Mmm....Omega 3's!!

So I didn't USED to love salmon. It used to be on my List of Foods I Hate, along with sauerkraut and beans of any kind. Then one day I decided I needed to like salmon. It's good for you. So I ordered it at a restaurant, and ate it. And liked it. Nay, thoroughly enjoyed it! My stipulations are that it must be fresh, and it can't have that fishy taste. It must be sorta crispy-ish. And it must NEVER be raw. Ever. I will never eat anything raw. Hear me Cabe?!?! No sushi. I will not pay for food that isn't cooked. ANYWAY. Salmon. Back to the salmon. So when we got married I decided that we needed to eat healthy, and the only way to do that, would be to uh, cook healthy food. So here's my secret for good salmon....go to Costco....buy their fillet of salmon for like, $20. When you come home immediately cut it up into as many servings as you can get and put them in the freezer. One fillet usually feeds us....4 or 5 times. CHEAP folks. And another tip for thawing meat? Do it in a Ziploc bag. In your sink. With hot water. But watch it, you don't want to cook it! Not yet at least. :) And now for my made-up SUPER easy healthy recipe......

Kim's Non-Fishy Oh-So-Delicious Salmon

2 salmon fillets (or more....one per person people!!! Share the love!!)
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Lemon Juice
Lime Juice
Garlic Salt
Dried Dill Weed
2 small pats of butter (or, in our case, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)

Thaw salmon, and place it in an oven-safe dish. Pour lemon and lime juice over salmon. Yummy.....sprinkle with seasoning, as much as you prefer. I like to sprinkle it on slowly, cause um, I think it's pretty. Especially the dill weed.....but I'm weird like that. Place pat of butter on fish, and place in a 350 oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!!!!

I usually serve this with a rice or vegetable....cooked carrots are good, and I've got a few fabulous recipes for those as well. More to come! Enjoy the Omega-3's!!! Cause they enjoy you!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I am IN LOVE with this recipe! We're having it tonight. Let me know what other good recipes you have!! I still need the dessert from your memorial day bash.