Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

March 7, 2007

Dear Govenator....

Alright, alright, so I Tivo Oprah (....alright...alright....so I don't have Tivo, I have a DVR....if only....), so I'm a LITTLE late on this whole thing, but did anyone see the show the other day about what happens to children who were once abducted? They had this guy on who had been abducted when he was younger, and then had Elizabeth Smart's father and a few Professionals. At the end of the show which was very interesting / heartbreaking, Oprah's suggestion for what WE can do was to send a letter to our local senator and govenor to put these people behind bars. And low and behold! She's already written it for us! Meaning some pee-on wrote it. But still. All we have to do is print it out, sign, and mail it. So I did. And I invite you all to at least check it out, see if you agree. Then send in these letters (or you can email! Free! Fast!) and you can check off your good deed for the day. Let's DO something. Let's protect our children, our brother's and sister's children, our neighbor's children.

And.....since Caleb is gone, which means the laptop is gone, which means I'm left with the old Mac, which means....it sucks....I can't add a hyperlink. So you're going to have to actually copy and paste the address. I know, I know. It's inexcuseable. Forgive me, I don't like what I have to do.

Dumb Mac.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200702/20070221/slide_20070221_284_114.jhtml

(find the link at the bottom of the page, something about writing a letter! yeah! For addresses to your local senator go to www.congress.gov and for your govenor go to www.usa.gov)

No comments: