Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

November 19, 2006

World's Best Sandwich - Revealed!!!

I know, I know, it's been a long time coming. You've all been sittin' on the edge of your seats salivating for DAYS. When in the WORLD is this woman going to show us the money!?!? Well, here it is. In all it's ethereal glory -


Behold, The Nutty Vegetarian from Old World Deli in downtown Corvallis. You start with nutty wheat bread. Add a layer of mustard, and sprinkle a generous helping of fresh salty sunflower seeds. Add a thin layer of cheddar cheese and some fresh lettuce. Next, the best part. Thick, juicy, crunchy apples, then another layer of cheese, nuts, and mustard, and you've sent yourself straight to heaven. The combination of salty, nutty, sweet, juicy and sharp cheddar - it's stimulates every single inch of your tongue. Now mind you, I'm no vegetarian by any means. I usually avoid anything that even promotes itself as vegetarian. And THAT'S how good this sandwich is. The first time I had it I enjoyed it so much I went back the next day. And wanted to go AGAIN the next, but was afraid it would somehow jinx me. Like I've mentioned before, I've tried re-creating it at home, and haven't been able to do it. Wrong bread...cheese....I couldn't even get the apples right. I was one step away from asking them what each item was so that I could stock up, but chickened out. It's always better when someone else makes it anyway. So ya'll just need to hop a plane to tiny Corvallis, and experience the beauty that IS - the World's Best Sandwich.

No comments: