Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

November 12, 2006

Humiliation Chronicals #1

Well, once again it is a dreary, rainy, Sunday night. The wind is howling, the rain is pounding, and so I felt I needed to post something funny. And what better place to look than one of my first journals!? The drama, the obsessiveness, the fights with friends and your parents....it's all in there baby. Here's the first entry I wrote, dated October 15th, 1995 when I was 12, spelling and grammer errors included.

"Dear Journal,
Hello, my name is KM. I just turned 12 on the 6th. I am a Beehive(an age level in my church). So far it has been great. We are playing volleyball and it is great.
I have two sisters. K is 22 months younger than I am. E is 5. We all have brown hair and hazel eyes. Except for K. She has reddish brown hair. I have lots of friends. My closest are: AK, KH, LB, JR, MP, & BS. I don't have a boyfriend but a guy I like's name is JC. He has brown hair and hazel or blue eyes. He might like me too. I catch him looking at me every once in a while (after reading a few more pages in my journal, I quickly found a pattern with this. Every boy who looked at me, must like me). Also me & KH adore this actor. His name is Dean Cain. He plays superman and he is ONE HUNK! With dark brown hair and brown eyes, him & Teri Hatcher (Lois Lane) make the best couple. (What is this? A plug for the sitcom?!) Except Teri is married. We tape his videos and memorize the lines. We watch them over and over."

After this I'd taped a picture I cut out from a magazine at the time -

It's not the same one, but the closest I could find. Around it I wrote such lovely things - like "Buff arms!", and "What a HUNK!" We were literally devastated when we found out that Teri Hatcher was married, and tried to make ourselves believe that they really did love each other. Just like in the show......

Let's just say obsessions like these (and this one lasted many years...) weren't good for my image at the time. Not good at all.....

I'd also like to say that I am SO GLAD that I have this kind of thing documented for all my posterity to read. I can just see my great grandchild reading this after I'm dead..... "Mom? Great grandma was really weird....."

No comments: