Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

August 1, 2007

Eat, Sleep, Drink it up

After flipping through the photos from our most recent trip (see below), I think you'll see how fabulous it was. We had ourselves a really good time. Caleb tried out surfing and discovered that he really loved it. I hardly saw him at the beach and his skin is now about 12 shades darker. It looks like I've gone and run off with my Latin Lover. Or maybe just a regular beach bum. And me? This is the first year that I haven't wanted to go, go, go. I relaxed. A lot. And shopped, nearly as much. It was perfect.

OH! My gosh. The best part. We saw Wicked. You know, like Wicked, the Broadway play. And I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. It was absolutely positively the best play I've ever seen, and I've seen Phantom twice. I actually CRIED at the end of the first act, and it's not a sad play. Quite the opposite in fact, it was hilarious. It was just beautiful, and perfect, and wow. I need the music. And I need to see it again, and again. Apparently though, I've already missed the San Francisco performances which totally blows, and I've been trying to concoct a really fabulous reason to travel to um...Chicago....Philidelphia....New York...Hartford, CT.....or really, just back to LA. It's way past wanting now, it's a full blown need. Right up there with vacuum lines.

4 comments:

Jess said...

YOU SAW WICKED?! We might be in a fight...

Anonymous said...

I downloaded the soundtrack on iTunes. It is really funny how the first time you hear a play, and then when the music is different later, it feels wrong. I always think, No, that's not how it is supposed to be sung!! Our actors did it best :)
I love love loved it too. Very deep and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

oh, and it was only 9.99. And I used my iTunes giftcard. Cha-ching!
Btw, 5 days until Eclipse comes out!! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw Wicked last December in New York. It was incredible. I've never been one to listen to show tunes, but I can't get enough of the soundtrack. Even my little boys sing 'Popular' in the car. Their dad rolls his eyes when he hears our 4 year old singing it around the house. It's awesome.