Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

January 18, 2007

Because No One Knows My Name

Yesterday I decided to take my own advice. (Thank you, Self!) I took a slight detour after running errands. Which translates to picking up soap and cereal at Target. Right. Well, "running errands" sounded so much more sophisticated...and important...

Anyway, I took a right after leaving Target and kept going. Until I drove right though San Jose, and then right past it. Pretty much until the buildings stopped being interesting and I started to duck a little in my car. Cause you never know what crazies are in the outskirts of a city. So? I turned around and parked my car. Paid $1.00 for it too. I wandered around a park, and then decided to check out the museums in the area. I felt too weird to go through them by myself, like, should I really be enjoying myself? Am I allowed to do that? Shouldn't I be looking for a job at every passing moment? Or, at the very least, cleaning or doing laundry or SOMETHING?! So I spent an hour in the gift shops. Which, really, was a lot of fun. Besides, I felt a little better because in the Art Museum's gift shop, I pondered, for a just a minute, about how much fun it would be to work there. And then I decided that the pay probably wouldn't be more than oh, $10 / hr and that is just SO not in the budget. Mission accomplished. One less place on my list! Ha! Take that Guilty Self!

I also dug our duct-taped camera out of the glove box and snapped a few. Again, PhotoShop. I WILL learn myself on that thing. Someday.


Ah, the park. So lovely. A little cold, but lovely nonetheless. Remind me to come back when the fountains are on.


And see? Lovely park benches. Under the lovely canopy of the brightly-lit not covered in rain or snow, trees.

Someday, I will sit on one of THESE benches. With a newspaper. And a piping hot cocoa. And maybe some fancy I-don't-need-them-but-they-look-great-on-me glasses. And I won't glance up when people pass by because that's so ORDINARY. I see people pass by me EVERY DAY as I sit on this park bench. Yup, that's right. Keep walkin' newbie.

So after my wandering I decided to head back to my car. Well, alright, I was deathly afraid of getting a parking ticket because OHMIGOSH they might find out I haven't got my California driver's license yet. Phew. That was a close one.

But I didn't quite feel like going home yet. So I sat in my car listening to Christina Aguilera and Augustana and pondering The Universe.


And after about, oh, 10 minutes, I started bothering myself, what with all my freaky thoughts and unanswered questions, (this is where it gets scary folks) and started just randomly shooting.


There are a few more, but um, I couldn't possibly post them. Too weird. Let's just say, I tried to get all artsy thinking about what I COULD do, when I learn me some PhotoShop.

And...I still can't decide if this was better than watching the latest movie on Lifetime in my pajamas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Movie on Lifetime? Or wandering through a park? That is certainly a tough one. And which choice is the better one really isn't the point. The point is, you stepped outside your comfort zone. You wandered a little. And you didn't get a ticket. Life lessons learned right there.

And when you find a good tutor for Photoshop, let me know.