Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

April 6, 2006

Guard Dog - He is not

During our weekend trip to Seaside we went to see Cirque de Soleil in Portland. Earlier in the day we had driven up to Washington and Astoria, and had to take the mutt with us. He'd been pretty good, he usually is as long as he's with us. We've done several long car trips with him, and haven't had a problem. We were all excited to see the show, and parked "the bus" in a Cirque de Soleil "designated parking lot" and got ready. We couldn't take our cameras / Ipods / video cameras into the show, but we decided they'd be okay in the car with Bear. We put them underneath the seats in the van with a quick "Be a good boy Bear" and followed the funeral procession-like line into the tent. The show was absolutely amazing, and we all raved about it on the long drive back to Seaside. The next morning we discovered that Abby and Brian's camera had been stolen, along with Caleb's camera and our Ipod. Since the condo that we were staying at had a locked parking garage, we were left to conclude that our things had been stolen while we were watching Cirque de Soleil....WITH BEAR IN IT!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. For several hours I was in shock - not only that someone would think that there was something NICE inside the van, but that someone out there would have the balls to break into a van with a dog in it. That's guts, I don't care what you say. It sucks, the camera was a nice one, and our Ipod definitely wasn't cheap, but the thing that bugs me the most, besides the fact that we can't get the film that was in the camera back, was that our MUTT would let someone ELSE in the van. He'll try and take down that offensive kitty on our porch, but he obligingly lets an intruder into the van?! There were people at the entrance to the parking lot, if he had put up a fuss, someone would have heard. I don't know what I was thinking, assuming that our things would be safe with Bear. I have no doubt in my mind that the mutt LICKED the guy as he was leaving, our cameras in hand. He was probably thrilled to have someone come see him, I bet if he could, he would have held up the camera bag in exchange for a scratch behind the ears. The dog is worthless to me...I think it's time to get my Doberman........

3 comments:

Kjersti said...

WHAT A LOAD! Kim, I'm so sorry that your stuff got stolen! I think that's one of the worst feelings, knowing that someone would take YOUR stuff and get into YOUR car to take your things. It's really too bad that Bear didn't rip whoever it was apart, because that would've been awesome if they suffered from dog bites after opening the door to the van when they knew he was in there...

Kimba said...

Seriously. I was wishing the same thing, but when I tell Bear he is "worthless to me" (in a loving way of course...) Caleb always says "You don't know what happened Kim! The guy could have hit him! Knocked him out!!!" I'm always like RIGHT...... never heard of a dog being "knocked out" before...

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested