Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

September 13, 2007

Two clicks from a zombie

I've had trouble sleeping lately, falling asleep in particular. I don't know what spurred it, or what drives it, but there it is, every night the same old thing. I crawl into bed, exhausted, thinking, hoping that THIS IS THE NIGHT. The night I will fall asleep! Soon! And every night I wait....and wait....and wait.

I thought maybe it was caffeine related, I don't drink it very often so maybe it was getting to me. So I stopped and...nothing happened. Then I thought it was because I was watching TV before bed, and you know what they say about THAT. That didn't make a difference either. Then I tried writing down my thoughts / worries / concerns, because that's also what they tell you to do, and that didn't work either. Plus I ran out of space, and that sort of made me feel worse.

I'd sort of given up until last night when I had a great idea. As you might imagine, it's fairly difficult to get up in the morning to work out when you've only logged a few hours of sleep, and so my work out schedule has been suffering. Maybe that's it, I thought, maybe I need to just push through it and work out. Maybe that will get me to fall asleep. So I popped in one of my work out DVDs after getting home from our friend's house. I figured I might as well be doing something rather than laying in bed trying to decipher a tune between Caleb and Bear's snoring. (With the crickets outside, we've nearly got a full orchestra around here....)

Have you ever tried working out at midnight?

I guess what's most surprising to me is that I'm actually sore today. Like, even though it was late and I was emotionally and physically exhausted, I still managed to do enough to produce results. And I can't decide if that's because I just really worked hard, or because I was so tired that it took extra effort to make my body do what it was supposed to do.

Didn't work.

Just curious, how addicting is Benadryl?

(And here we go with the funky formatting again. Now it's screwed up all of my entries! I'm doomed!)

2 comments:

kelly said...

One word for you:
Melatonin

Amanda Davis said...

try a glass or two of wine and you'll sleep just fine