Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

April 1, 2007

Beautiful Things

I have an addiction. There, I've said it. That's the first step right, admitting you have a problem? Well, I do. I am a Flickr addict. Whenever I have a few spare minutes, I inevitably find myself typing in the web URL. My body automatically settles itself, knowing it's in for the long haul. I've literally wasted HOURS of my life exploring the "interesting photos from the last 7 days" portion of this lovely web page, clicking the randomizer button hundreds of times. It's interesting. It's funny. It's inspiring. It makes me feel so introspective (as if I needed any more dialogue running through my brain) and it usually takes a bit before I can pull myself out of it. I love it. I am obsessed. I'd like nothing more than to sit in bed with my lap top all day long. I'd have a job that would allow me to, nah, REQUIRE me to do so. I'd munch on Wasa crackers and carefully portioned tablespoons of peanut butter. I'd be wearing chic, oh-so-soft patterned pajamas, my hair up in a loose chignon, pen in hand and a champagne flute of Simply Orange juice resting on my fabulous found-it-in-a-small-town-art-gallery beside table. And of course, I'd be in a small but stylish apartment in New York City, my window facing a large brick office building. And while I'm at it, my hair would be darker, and my name would be something unusual, unforgettable. Like Azure, or Gaia.

Anyway.

Speaking of beautiful things, I finally caught up on the new Oprah episodes on our DVR. Anyone see the one about her favorite thing now or whatever? I know, I know, normally it's all blah blah blah, crap you can't afford, blah, blah, blah, this face cream will change your life. But this time, it's different. She was talking about a new show on the Discovery Channel called "Planet Earth". It's absolutely exquisite, for lack of a better word. A team of producers have been filming nearly every inch of this planet for the last five years, and have captured events in nature that have never been seen before. They've been able to do so in part because of some fancy new camera that can zoom up to a mile away. The team of people who worked on it were absolutely tireless, some on site in places like Antarctica and Africa for nearly a year. The 11 part mini-series airs on Sunday evenings on the Discovery Channel, and it's well worth the season pass or whatever on your Tivo or DVR. Or if you have to watch TV the old fashioned way, set an alarm. Add it to your To Do list this next week, you've only missed two episodes. It's well worth it.

No comments: