Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

March 17, 2007

Heat

After sleeping in until 11:30 (yes, I realize that we should be enjoying every minute of this wonderful opportunity to sleep in as long as we please, and I assure you we are) I rolled out of bed, threw on a suit and headed down to the pool to catch some rays. You know, fit in with the locals. No one would believe I live in California with this pasty white skin. You'd think I'd spent the last year or so in Oregon or somethin'.

Our apartment complex is super close to a university and so many of the tenants are college students. A rather large group of them had the same brilliant idea as mine. Most of them were innocuous, reading textbooks and studying. After I'd been there a little while a girl came in to meet some friends. She was loud and obnoxious, going on and on about how she wanted to go get drunk and "Oh Johnny, will you be my boyfriend? I need a boyfriend real bad." She was trying to convince her friends to come party with her.

She managed to do so, and as they got up to leave with her she added for good measure "Besides, we can't get tan today, it's not hot enough."

I am go glad to live in a world where people can get all the way through college with the understanding that heat is what makes you tan.

I could be insanely stereotypical and mention that she was blonde, but I won't. No, I wouldn't do that.

Does seem to be a funny coincidence though.

But seriously, I have many blonde friends and all of them are much smarter than I am. I have nothing against blondes. I love ya'll.

Should I mention though, that a few of the other girls wore heels to the pool? Heels and their bathing suits...I should, lest I forget I'm living in California.

They were also blonde. But that doesn't have anything to do with it.

No comments: