Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

March 1, 2007

Earth Shattering

And also?! As I was telling you all about the fun noise makers, Caleb and I experience our first real live California Earthquake.

I was just about to type "noise makers" when suddenly the windows made that noise you hear when you close your front door, and then the entire building shook back and forth several times. It all happened so fast, neither Caleb or I really knew what was happening until it was over. He said my name, and that was all it took. The fear in his voice made my heart kick into overdrive, it literally felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. Have you ever so nearly been in a car accident that for several minutes after it was over your whole body felt tingly and your heart beat so rapidly you thought it might actually stop? That's kinda what it was like.

Apparently it was a 4.2 and not anywhere near us, but in Lafayette. I can't stop thinking about how scary that was, and it was nothing. At least "nothing" in this area of California.

Kinda makes me want to re-evaluate our emergency preparedness gear.

No comments: