Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

February 14, 2007

V-Day

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I spent it working, and then um, working in the kitchen! Yeah!

Actually I was excited to make dinner, I was using both recipes that Pioneer Woman posted on her site. It was perfect timing really, I needed a nice romantic dinner and just two days prior to the big V-Day, voila! Dinner! Since both dinner and dessert were made-from-scratch recipes, we didn't eat until, oh, 8 ish. Dessert was at um, 10 ish. Now we post, then we hit the hay. And so ends this lovely red day.

(Read one too many Hallmark cards.........)

Now normally Caleb is very Anti-Valentines Day. Last year we didn't get each other much (I can't remember what it was actually...) and Caleb bought me flowers the NEXT day, because he didn't want them to be for Valentines Day. He feels like he doesn't need a holiday to show his love I guess. For me? It's all about the anticipation, preparation, decoration, and um....all the pretty colors.

So I set up the table all pretty, lit some candles, and we both basked in the lovely aroma and soft candle light. 7 minutes later, we'd shoved our plates aside and were frantically.................snapping photos of the table, the food, the decorations, the candles. Ya know. Anything even remotely interesting. That's how romantic we are.


Mmm! Dinner!



Well, that was good. Time for pictures!


M&M's: $2.29 Red Kiss Plate: $2.50 Valentines Day dessert? Priceless.


Ooey, gooey chocolate-y deliciousness. Happy Valentines Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. that all looked delicious! And I totally want that apron!!

Kimba said...

Wedding gift! I believe from Williams & Sonoma? Something like that.

It's fun. It keeps the tomato sauce off my....red....dress...

Right, well, it's useful. :)

Tracey said...

Oh, you did good! That looks delish...all my man got was a burger created from a frozen patty.