Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

January 28, 2007

Mix Master

So, I didn't post yesterday. It may or may not have anything to do with the fact that Caleb and I babysat his sister's three kids last night. Good kids. Crazy kids.

Wild and Krazy Kids. Did anyone else watch that show? I totally loved it. Did they spell crazy with a "K" like that? I'm thinking they did, but it's been so long. And I'm way too tired to Google it. You're with me though, right?

Anyway. Today we had a little get-together with the ward (read: church members) that we belong to. So I had a great reason to bust out my new fabulous Christmas present:


Ta Da! My first ever Kitchenaid Mixer. In...Citron? Lemon Lime? Some puky retro green color that I absolutely am in love with. I love it. Hands-free mixing! Who'da thunk?! And if you look closely, you can see my pajama'd self. And our lovely canisters. And...I think that's a bag of brown sugar? And our trusty duct-taped camera. (Update on said camera: duct-tape has lost nearly all of it's stickiness, and we are forced to hold the duct-taped battery compartment down to take a single picture. And I simply can't be bothered to go find the stupid tape in our mess-of-a-closet on the deck. Seriously, we've lived here for what? Two months, and it's already in shambles?! I can't think about it, or else I won't be able to sleep tonight....)

Anyway, last night after we'd put the little rugrats to bed we sat down to watch a movie his sister had left for us. A boot-legged edited version of "Little Miss Sunshine" that his sister's neighbor had lended them. We don't watch R rated movies, you see. Anyway, despite the uh, less-than-perfect editing job, I really enjoyed the movie. Great characters. I like real movies. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good unbelievable car chase ending with some ridiculous but romantic rescue of the dude's beloved, but every once in a while it's nice to watch a movie that might just happen to me. The little girl was adorable, and all the characters really endearing. Except for the dad, Greg Kinear. He did a great job of course, but what's up with him always playing the roles that I have to hate? Honestly. The restaurant / ice-cream scene? Never in my life have I ever wanted to simultaneously slink under the table AND hit someone. That part was a little TOO real for me.

And lastly, (just so you're all as freaked out as I am) how am I expected to be able to sleep knowing that THIS is out there?!?!?! (Don't think it's scary enough? Watch the video...) NIGHT.MARES.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You covered so many things in this post.

1.) I have the KitchenAid in Black and absolutely love it!! That green is kickin'.

2.) I like watching random, not-mainstream movies. Somehow I feel like I'm rebelling against society if I wait for a movie to lose some of its popularity before I watch it. Call me crazy. and, I hate those evil/scary movies. They make me sick to my stomach. So evil.

3.) That shark is horrible looking!!! I've emailed a link of the article to myself at work so I can share it with others. Eww! Can you imagine that thing grazing past your leg while you're enjoying a day at the beach? *shiver*