Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge Scriptless Flickr Badge

May 31, 2006

My Own Wringer....

By about 10 pm last night I was thinking to myself, "This has been a pretty fabulous day" - work went by fairly quickly, (which is always a plus when you can hardly stand your job), Caleb had actually WANTED to go to the gym.... We have a goal to hit the gym at least 4 or 5 days a week, but Caleb isn't exactly a "gym rat". I usually have to bribe him with cookies or something to get him there, and then he realizes it's not so bad. He's now getting to the point that he likes it, which makes going a lot more fun. After we returned our sweat-drenched bodies home, Caleb surprised me by pulling out some salmon he'd already prepped with this fabulous rub he found - seriously, it's amazing, and this coming from someone who used to swear off all seafood. Add some lovely homemade potato wedges and carrots, and we had ourselves a wonderful healthy meal. I was getting ready for bed after a hot shower, when Caleb suggested we settle into bed and watch a movie we'd rented, "The Ringer". It's the one with Johnny Knoxville, where he pretends to be handicapped? He'd seen it, and thought it was hilarious, and I'd heard from a few others (Liz!) that it was as well, so I agreed - what a lovely way to end the day, cuddling up with Cabe to watch a funny movie. Little did I know that I would endure the most painful hour and a half of my life. I didn't say much during the movie, as I was desperately trying to fall asleep - but after the bloodshed was over, I had to know, why in the WORLD Caleb would put himself through something that horrendous not once, but TWICE?!?! I have a small list going of the worst movies ever made ("League of Extraordinary Gentleman" and "Mr. Deeds" anyone?!?!), and this one definitely lands near the top. I am sure the movie-making process is a lot more complicated than I can even imagine, but I often wonder how it is that something like this can get a stamp of approval from enough people that it actually makes it to the big screen. Not to mention all the money that some poor fool gave to make it possible. It was your typical B rated film - a horribly far-fetched plot, which moves along quickly without a whole lot of explanation, cheesy lines and predictability. I always wonder if the actors themselves know it's a "B" movie. I would hope that I would realize, but I guess one never knows. One lingering thought on my mind though, is whether this is supposed to be considered a step up, or step down for Johnny Knoxville....

Thankfully our trip to Blockbuster wasn't a total bust - we also rented "The Producers" which I enjoyed thoroughly. I laughed so hard I skipped my ab workout for the day.

4 comments:

Laclos said...

cool :-)

Kjersti said...

Kim,
It's so funny that you mentioned those two videos because I rented the EXACT same two this last week. Well, Jay was the one who rented the Ringer, and I watched some of it with him, but in the middle got up to clean the apartment. I did see the end, and when it was FINALLY over I had the same reaction as you.
Lately my movie rating scale goes something like this, "Is it entertaining enough to keep me awake during the 3 am feeding?" And Producers was one that did, thankfully. I think my favorite song on it was the "Unhappy" one that he sings with all the other accountants. I was surprised that even Uma Thurman didn't ruin that movie, and that's saying something!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»